Ladies and gentlemen, on behalf of our President, His Excellency, Ugwumba Uche Nwosu and the Ugwumba General Council, I hereby announce in no special order, the top 20 startups in the ongoing 2023 Ugwumba Enterprise Challenge:
- Dynalimb Technologies, a health tech company that provides orthotics and prosthetic services, founded by Taiwo Akinsanya
- Cancer Compass, a tech startup that provides easy access to cancer care, founded by Oladimeji Odunayo
- Jukit Pack, a company that manufactures solar powered waste bins, founded by Victoria Ubani
- Astrae, a building materials manufacturing company that turns plastic wastes into damp resistant concrete blocks, founded by Nnebe Chibuike
- Behoove Events, an online events planning and ticketing platform founded by Samuel Joseph
- DST Technology, a company that manufactures multipurpose rechargeable laptop power banks and solar lamps, founded by Wisdom Ojo.
- Skillsard, an online skills training platform, founded by Karimah Lawal
- Clean Edge Signatures, a company that provides professional cleaning services for corporate offices, homes, etc founded by Nneoma Ibediro.
- Carbon Credit, a carbon footprint tracking system built with blockchain technology, founded by Blessing Adesuwa.
- Climate Technology Solution, a startup that creates intelligent energy management system software that monitors and predicts energy usage, founded by Chizoba Nzeakor.
- Piolife Ltd, a tech startup that manufactures innovative products that enable farmers maximize yield, founded by Prince Onyenaturuchi.
- Rova Pay, an offline cashless payment app, founded by Yusuf Oluwapelumi.
- Morgtech GreenPoint, a renewable energy company founded by Stanley Obiefuna.
- Mohbuy Agro, an app that promotes innovative farming practices to empower farmers, founded by Mohammed Luqman Bolaji.
- Blessing Evea Signature, a social enterprise that revamps old, worn-out fashion items into new products using leather materials and fabrics, founded by Blessing Evea Onwe.
- Smart 360 Experience, a company that manufactures solar power banks and chargers without discharging the energy in the power bank, founded by Ugochukwu Igwe.
- Ipala Marketplace, an online marketplace for food vendors, founded by Johnbosco Ikwunemelu.
- Talent Social Network, a talent discovery, development and monetization platform, founded by Michael Ibeh.
- Waste 2 Light Ltd, a company that converts plastic waste from landfills and water bodies into recyclable synthetic renewable energy components, founded by Emmanuel Abah.
- iGee Closet, a peer-to-peer online marketplace that facilitates selling or buying of pre-owned fashion items, founded by Mary Katambi.
Ladies and gentlemen, it is not over yet, as these 20 startups shall go through another pitching competition, where the top 10 finalists shall emerge.
We urge you to keep a date with us as we announce modalities for the next pitching competition to be shown LIVE.
To watch their pitch videos, please, click below now: https://shorturl.at/moDOW
Meanwhile, you are respectfully invited to the grand finale of this important job creation and innovations challenge event, scheduled for December 12, 2023 at the Abuja Continental Hotel (former Sheraton Hotel).
Once again, congratulations to our top 20 startups!